Our laboratory is focused on the isolation, characterization of bacteriocin-producing probiotic bacteria in the representants of Firmicutes from different food-producing animals and social animals as well. Selected strains are tested in model experiments and in farms with the aim to support/protect animals health. We characterized bacteriocin produced by ruminal strain Enterococcus faecium CCM4231 (our isolate) as first and also a new type of Ent- Ent M was described produced by our strain E. faecium AL41. After application of this strain but also those others selected and/or their Ents, antimicrobial effect was noted, increased phagocytic activity e.g. in broiler rabbits, but also in different types of poultry, ostriches involving, in dogs, horses; in rabbits decrease of Eimeria oocysts was also noted. Oxidative status and biochemical parameters were not negatively influenced; reparative ability of enterocytes was also increased. E. faecium EF2019 (CCM7419) and Lactobacillus fermentum (CCM 7421) are a part of the products ProRabbit and ProBiodog.
DVM. Andrea Lauková, PhD., DVM. Viola Strompfová, PhD, DVM Monika Pogány Simonová, PhD, RNDr. Anna Kandričáková, PhD, Margita Bodnárová.
- Automatic diluter of bacterial samples Eddy Jet for polo-automatic dilution (1:1000) and inoculation of agar plate due to microinjection
- Hemanalysator Cell-Dyn 3700, Abott lab., Slovakia s.r.o.-it is functioning with combination of impedenciy and laser flow cytometry.
- Laminary microbiological safe cultivating box LABOX MB120 (Czech Republik)
- Anaerobic cultivating box BACTRON (She Lab, Sheldon Manufacturing Inc., USA)
- A big volume autoclave Systec DB-90, Biotech Czech Republik)
- Biofermentor Sartorius –to prpepare bacterial biomass
- Microscope Motic