Specific instrumentation of the department:
- Becton -Dickinson, Cockeysville, USA- microbiological identification system on specific identification of bacterial cultures isolated from the rocks and waters,
- PCR termolyzer, Techne - on isolation of bacterial DNA by polymerase chain reaction,
- Optical microscope Nikon Eclypse 400 - for the observation, the morphological identification and the microorganisms photodocumentation,
- Bioreactor- on anaerobic and aerobic bacterial cultivation (self-construction),
- Internal bank of autochthonous and physiological adapted microorganisms.